andPOP CEO Robert Ostfield joins us to look at the pop-culture Web site and tells us how the andPOP team puts it together, including their work in streaming video.
Listen to this week’s show !
The andPOP multiplatform media producers report on the latest music, movie releases and hot events and provide breaking entertainment news stories. CEO Robert Ostfield (25 years old) has been on board since 2005. The website www.andpop.com alone reaches more than 150,000 unique monthly visitors, while its syndicated audience will soar to more than one million this year.
andPOP Video Streaming Top Ten Tips
1. Content is King. Find your niche and produce engaging content that will keep your audience coming back for more.
2. Keep it short. Short form video works best online. Keep videos to three minutes or less.
3. Include a call to action. Video content tends to spread across multiple sites, so always be sure to include your own web site’s URL and direct viewers to your site for additional content. It’s also important to include your company’s logo as a watermark throughout the entire video.
4. YouTube it. Make sure your video is distributed on the largest video sharing site in the world – YouTube.
5. Include keywords. Always ensure your videos have a text description that includes relevant keywords so it pops up in web searches easily.
6. Buy a good microphone. It’s important to have great audio in your videos so viewers can understand everything you’re saying
7. Light it up. Ensure that your set or location is properly lit so that viewers can clearly see you and everything else on set without adjusting their own brightness controls
8. Be yourself. Don’t try to fake it on camera, just be yourself and have fun. Engage with your viewers and establish a rapport so that they come back regularly to see what you will do next.
9. Make them laugh. Humour your audience. Most memorable online videos include a funny moment or a humorous twist.
10. Check us out. Visit andPOP.com to view examples of celebrity interviews, entertainment reviews and event coverage, and to get inspired by our team of experts.
True Faith | New Order | Substance
The Digital Life Show Theme: Glacier | Chris Zippel | Genuine Horizon